HAAM is effectively operated by volunteers every day. Last year, 3,600 HAAM volunteers provided over 42,000 hours of service! Listed below are volunteer positions that need helpers each day to provide service to our clients. To learn more about the volunteer opportunities at HAAM, contact HAAMvolunteer@haamministries.org or attend volunteer orientation at HAAM Social Services. Volunteer orientation is held on Tuesdays at 11:00 A.M. Due to COVID-19, please contact the volunteer coordinator to see when the next orientation session is scheduled at 281-446-3663 x 120.
Off site projects are valuable to our food pantry, click here to see how you can help.
- Pick Up Drivers - Volunteers who use their own vehicle or our HAAM van to pick up food items from various locations in the Humble area. Most of these locations have specific ranges of time to pick up, typically in the A.M.
- Warehouse Workers - Accepting and unloading donations and deliveries, providing stock for the food pantry
- Food Pantry Workers - Volunteers who fill orders, unload food boxes, stock shelves, interact with clients
- Front Desk - The volunteers who greet and instruct clients on procedures and services
- Interviewers - Volunteers who interact directly with clients to determine how HAAM can help meet their needs
ESL (English as a Second Language)
Meals on Wheels
- Volunteer drivers are needed to deliver hot meals on six local routes five days a week
- Volunteers are needed six days a week to help receive donations, sort, stock, price, cashier, decorate, online sales, and much more