HAAM is effectively operated by volunteers every day. Last year, 4,513 HAAM volunteers provided over 32,600 hours of service! Listed below are volunteer positions that need helpers each day to provide service to our clients. Due to COVID-19, some of these positions may be suspended or temporarily changed to adhere to CDC guidelines. To learn more about the volunteer opportunities at HAAM, contact email@example.com or attend volunteer orientation at HAAM Social Services. Volunteer orientation is held on Tuesdays at 11:00 A.M. Due to COVID-19, please contact the volunteer coordinator to see when the next orientation session is scheduled at 281-446-3663 x 115.
Off site projects are valuable to our food pantry, click here to see how you can help.
- Pick Up Drivers - Volunteers who use their own vehicle or our HAAM van to pick up food items from various locations in the Humble area. Most of these locations have specific ranges of time to pick up, typically in the A.M.
- Warehouse Workers - Accepting and unloading donations and deliveries, providing stock for the food pantry
- Maintenance Person(s) - Volunteer with general maintenance knowledge and repair abilities
- Volunteers to greet clients/visitors at front desk and answer phone calls
- File Review
- Meals on Wheels Input
Education and Employment
Volunteers are needed to assist with the following:
- Resume writing
- Job Bulletin
Meals on Wheels
- Volunteer drivers are needed to deliver hot meals on local routes five days a week. Routes are located in Humble, Kingwood, Atascocita, Huffman, and Summerwood
- Due to COVID, meal delivery is currently once a week and will transition to daily delivery at a later date
- Good volunteer opportunity for families, groups, friends and more
- Volunteers are needed six days a week to help receive donations, sort, stock, price, cashier, decorate, online sales, and much more