HAAM operates two resale stores, The original HAAM Resale Store in Humble and Black Cat Junction located in Kingwood. Our resale stores rely on your donations and we welcome you to shop Tuesday through Saturday at Black Cat Junction and Monday through Saturday at HAAM Resale. The proceeds from the sales generated by your donations go directly into the programs and services provided by HAAM Social Services to local area residents in crisis.
HAAM Resale & Black Cat Junction are open to receive donations on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
PLEASE READ THE DONATION INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION:
We ask for your patience as our resale stores operate contactless, self-serve donation drop off. Only one car can be processed at a time and an attendant will instruct you where to unload your donations. Thank you for your understanding as we work under new safety protocols.
We appreciate your donations and ask that you help us:
- Donations of clothing and housewares are the only items the resale stores can accept at this time.
- Large bags of clothing are heavy and hard to handle so we ask that donations be placed in kitchen-sized (13 gallon) trash bags or smaller please. Remember, you have to lift the items to donate.
- Pre-sort items in bags or boxes: soft items can be placed together (clothing, linens, etc.) and hard items (housewares, books, electronics, etc.) may be packed together.
- Please practice physical distancing at all times and wear a mask when unloading your donation.
- Most of all, we appreciate your donations and support.
- Donation receipts are available for your records.
Please read our Donation Guidelines prior to requesting a pickup.
- All furniture for donation must be placed outside the residence or business.
- Furniture must be in good condition and free of rips, tears, stains, pet hair, and/or excessive wear.
- We pick up furniture in the Kingwood, Atascocita, and Humble areas.
- To schedule a furniture pick up, please call us at 281-446-3663 x 127 or click on furniture pick up.
Donate clothing ONLY at our free-standing bins located at the HAAM Resale store.
HAAM is unable to accept unsalable or hazardous donations. The disposal cost of such items is significant and reduces funds for our Social Services programs. Please review our donation guidelines for any questions you may have.
All donated items should be gently used, clean, and in working condition.
- Clothing should be washed or dry-cleaned.
- furniture should be in good condition. It must be structurally sound and have no rips, tears, stains, or excessive pet hair.
- Recalled Items: Sports, medical and exercise equipment should be examined carefully and tested before donating. Donors are encouraged to review the Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls and announcements before donating. Items that have been recalled cannot be donated to or sold by HAAM.
- If your donation is electronics, small appliances, and battery-operated items, please ensure they are in working condition as HAAM has no repair facility.
- No household hazardous waste: cleaners, fluorescent lamps or paints.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
- Baby Cribs, Strollers, Play Pens, Car Seats
- Box Springs and Mattresses
- Carpet and Padding
- Chemicals - Paint, Stain, Stripper, Oil, Fertilizer
- Commodes and Sinks
- Computer Monitors w/o Tower
- Copy Machines
- Drapery Rods
- Fax Machines
- Fiberglass Bath Tubs and Showers
- Glass or Unframed Mirrors
- Press-Board Furniture
- TV’s (Unless Flat Screen, Digital)
- Windows or Window Blinds
- Word Processors
HAAM Resale Store
1204 First Street
Humble, TX 77338
(Next to the Humble Post Office)
Monday through Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Black Cat Junction
22310 Loop 494
Kingwood, TX 77339
(Next to Pop’s Ice House)
Tuesday through Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.