Humble Area Assistance Ministries (HAAM) is an interfaith organization that helps community residents in crisis by providing essential resources to move towards self-sufficiency.
The vision of HAAM is to:
- Meet immediate basic living needs.
- Promote self-sufficiency.
- Partner with other community agencies/organizations to continue to assist those in the community.
- Proactively seek new resources and tools to serve those in need.
Code of Practice
The environment and atmosphere of HAAM shall:
- Instill a sense of dignity and respect in each client, visitor, volunteer and staff person when entering and leaving our facility.
- Focus on the needs of the client and meet them where they are.
- Serve clients with integrity and refrain from judgment of their individual situation.
- Embrace, value, and champion diversity of all clients, volunteers and staff persons.
- HAAM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status in any of its activities or operations.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
As an interfaith organization that has been serving the increasingly diverse communities of northeast Harris and east Montgomery counties for thirty years, we believe that all people deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. We also believe that our work on behalf of people in need should help lead to a more just society for all. We pray that our words and actions will help to overcome racism and racial inequality, and we stand united with our community members to be constructive and relevant change makers in our region and beyond.
- Effective Governance and Leadership
- Passionate Covenant Relations
- Exemplary Community Partnerships
- Incredible Resource and Funds Development
- Focused Marketing and Branding
- Targeted Programs and Services
- Cutting Edge Administration and Infrastructure Development
Humble Area Assistance Ministries has had the honor of serving the greater Lake Houston area for over 30 years. We also appreciate those who seek to serve our wonderful community whether it be as a volunteer or donor at HAAM, through their church or as an elected official or candidate for public office. As a tax exempt public charity under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3), HAAM may not either directly or indirectly participate in or intervene in a political office or condone the use of its name, logo, web address or any identifying marks by any candidate for public office.
Audited Financial Statements
- Public Disclosure HAAM 2019 Form 990
- Public Disclosure HAAM 2018 Form 990
- Public Disclosure HAAM 2017 Form 990