Our 2018 Impact
- The Children’s Nutrition Festivals and Summer Nutrition Program were a great success as HAAM distributed a total of 5,588 supplemental Nutrition Packs to 2,365 families.
- HAAM ESL classes are offered through our Education Department. Forty six individuals were enrolled in these classes.
- Financial Literacy classes are offered on various topics such as borrowing basics and saving. In 2018, 83 individuals participated in financial literacy education.
- 18 individuals participated in our New Summer Gardening Classes.
- 112 individuals benefited from our Nutrition classes.
- 1,062 individuals were assisted in the HAAM Employment Center.
- 124 individuals attended Job Fairs and/or Hiring Events.
- 129 resumes were written for clients.
Seasons of Sharing
- HAAM provided holiday meals to 1,913 families for a total of 7,064 individuals for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1,900 individuals received toys/gifts for Christmas.
HAAM serves individuals in collaboration with the following organizations in 2018:
- Christus Mobile Medical Unit
- Harris County Social Services
- Houston Food Bank
- Montgomery County Food Bank
- Lonestar Legal Aid
- Project Mammogram
- Walgreens Pharmacy
Food Stamp and Medical Assistance
HAAM began a partnership with Interfaith Ministries For Greater Houston in April 2015. Through the Meals on Wheels program at Interfaith Ministries, HAAM volunteers delivered 33,824 meals to home bound seniors in our community in 2018. HAAM currently delivers hot meals to seniors on six routes in the Humble, Kingwood and Huffman areas.
In partnership with ACAM and the Episcopal Health Foundation, HAAM assisted in the completion of applications for state and federal benefits such as Food Stamps and Medicaid.
HAAM in collaboration with the Houston Food Bank Nutrition Education Program will continue to provide monthly Nutrition classes for children and families.
- HAAM, in collaboration with the Houston Food Bank and Montgomery County Food Bank, distributed fresh produce to 7,366 families and 30,951 individuals in 2018. We will work with our Covenant Churches and other organizations to provide fresh produce to our community at various locations in 2019.
- The Food Pantry provided food to 8,026 families for a total of 27,991 duplicated individuals in 2018.