Our 2019 Impact
- The Children’s Nutrition Festivals and Summer Nutrition Program were a great success as HAAM distributed a total of 3,202 supplemental Nutrition Packs to 1,520 families.
- HAAM ESL classes are offered through our Education Department. Fifty one individuals were enrolled in these classes.
- 198 individuals benefited from our Nutrition classes.
- 1,062 individuals were assisted in the HAAM Employment Center.
- 124 individuals attended Job Fairs and/or Hiring Events.
- 129 resumes were written for clients.
Seasons of Sharing
- HAAM provided holiday meals to 3,083 families for a total of 11,128 individuals for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 2,175 individuals received toys/gifts for Christmas.
HAAM served individuals in collaboration with the following organizations in 2019:
- Christus Mobile Medical Unit
- Harris County Social Services
- Houston Food Bank
- Montgomery County Food Bank
- Lonestar Legal Aid
- Project Mammogram
- Walgreens Pharmacy
Food Stamp and Medical Assistance
HAAM began a partnership with Interfaith Ministries For Greater Houston in April 2015. Through the Meals on Wheels program at Interfaith Ministries, HAAM volunteers delivered 43,270 meals to home bound seniors in our community in 2019. HAAM currently delivers hot meals to seniors on six routes in the Humble, Kingwood and Huffman areas.
In partnership with ACAM and the Episcopal Health Foundation, HAAM assisted in the completion of applications for state and federal benefits such as Food Stamps and Medicaid.
HAAM in collaboration with the Houston Food Bank Nutrition Education Program will continue to provide monthly Nutrition classes for children and families.
- HAAM, in collaboration with the Houston Food Bank and Montgomery County Food Bank, distributed fresh produce to 8,507 families and 36,683 individuals in 2019. We will work with our Covenant Churches and other organizations to provide fresh produce to our community at various locations in 2020.
- The Food Pantry provided food to 8,709 families for a total of 29,321 duplicated individuals in 2019.