Our 2020 Impact
The number of individuals HAAM provided Basic Needs assistance:
72,992 Individuals received food assistance through Children/Senior Nutrition Program, Food Pantry, Lone Star Food Closet, Meals on Wheels and Food Fairs.
1,535 Individuals were assisted through Housing programs.
1,505 Individuals received utility assistance.
Education And Employment
The HAAM Employment Center provided 773 services, including resume and job search assistance and hiring events.
Seasons of Sharing
- HAAM provided holiday meals to 3,163 families for a total of 11,122 individuals for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1,702 individuals received toys/gifts for Christmas.
HAAM served individuals in collaboration with the following organizations in 2020:
- Christus Mobile Medical Unit
- Harris County Social Services
- Houston Food Bank
- Montgomery County Food Bank
- Lonestar Legal Aid
- Project Mammogram
- Walgreens Pharmacy
Food Stamp and Medical Assistance
HAAM began a partnership with Interfaith Ministries For Greater Houston in April 2015. Through the Meals on Wheels program at Interfaith Ministries, HAAM volunteers delivered 43,190 meals to home bound seniors in our community in 2020. Due to COVID-19, HAAM began delivering frozen meals to seniors on six routes in the Humble, Kingwood and Huffman areas.
In partnership with ACAM and the Episcopal Health Foundation, HAAM assisted in the completion of applications for state and federal benefits such as Food Stamps and Medicaid.
- HAAM, in collaboration with the Houston Food Bank and Montgomery County Food Bank, distributed fresh produce to 7,226 families and 31,265 individuals in 2020. We will work with our Covenant Churches and other organizations to provide fresh produce to our community at various locations in 2021.